Replace clutch slave or everything - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Replace clutch slave or everything
Thursday, November 27, 2014 8:20 AM
Looking for a bit of advice to try to help out a friend. A bit of background, she bought a 2001 Cavalier earlier this year with the understanding that the clutch had been replaced in the past year. Now the the slave cylinder is gone (clutch pedal stays on the floor and the clutch will not disengage). With no proof of the clutch actually being replaced, when she got it to a shop they are telling her to replace the clutch and slave since they can't be sure that the clutch is not bad as well. The problem is that she is not in a financial position to be able to pay amount they are looking for so a friend and I have offered to try to assist her (we are both reasonable with small repairs) by doing the labor.

I have been able to lay my hands on a Haynes manual and I have been doing some research about the tip for modification of the sub frame to drop the transmission without removing the engine. Having done a quick look, I think I am ok with this but I would appreciate someone letting me know what steps they have done to make this process as streamlined as possible as compared to what the manual says.

Cheers

Re: Replace clutch slave or everything
Saturday, December 06, 2014 6:44 PM
I wouldnt replace the clutch. Do the slave. With the haynes manual and the subframe mod you should be good.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search