nightmare year for my 2002 Z24 - ABS now - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
nightmare year for my 2002 Z24 - ABS now
Friday, December 05, 2014 12:12 PM
Hi,

Lots of issues with my 2002 Z24 4-door this yr...in the summer the oil sensor blew, spewing oil all over my engine and draining all of it. got it fixed.

2 weeks ago my clutch went out (pedal would not return 'up' after pressing). $1000 later i have a new clutch.

This week the engine started jumping wildly. got new (well, a used part) engine coil (the part that says '2.4 L').

just today my ABS light started to come on. Is there a serious safety issue with this light on, other than the ABS probably not working? I am having the car codes checked tomorrow, but I have a bit of driving to do tonight (approx 110 km).

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Hoping to get through the winter before i need to junk it.

Re: nightmare year for my 2002 Z24 - ABS now
Friday, December 05, 2014 12:27 PM
i should mention that the used engine coil i have didn't completely solve the issue. it still jumps when accelerating hard, but not nearly as bad as before. should I expect it to not jump at all after replacing with a used part?
Re: nightmare year for my 2002 Z24 - ABS now
Friday, December 05, 2014 4:27 PM
Well if your replacing the coil you should just get 2 new ones, the icm, and the boots with springs. I had issues with mine and the car would bog down.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search