HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 97 cavalier beam Axle - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 97 cavalier beam Axle
Tuesday, January 06, 2015 8:46 PM
okay i bought my car of a teen he said it had been crashed into the side while he was working my question the beam axle has camper going in at top basically like this straight> |-------\ <bent how can i make it straight without going to a body shop its bent my right rear tire goes bald in a week cant afford to keep buying 80 dollar tires every week is there a trick thank you if you can help

Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 97 cavalier beam Axle
Tuesday, January 06, 2015 9:57 PM
I am not fluent with the 3rd gens on the rear axle set up but have a suggestion.If it is damaged to a point of it not being fixable why not just to a junkyard and remove the rear axle beam and replace the bent items on yours.I know on my old 1st gen that is a pretty simple swap aside from the time and any other bent items and hoping the mounts for the axle are not tweaked where they need to be straightened.My thoughts.

Tuesday, January 06, 2015 10:28 PM
You have to replace it. It's designed to crush.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Tuesday, January 06, 2015 11:11 PM
Thats awsome and how do i find out exactly what beam mine take theres f0 f1 and f2
Wednesday, January 07, 2015 5:12 AM
All of them will fit your car. The only different rear axle im aware of is the one in z24 and ls sports where it has an extra bar welded in the canter of the axle to help with cornering. Get this one if you can.
Wednesday, January 07, 2015 7:22 AM
Philly D wrote:All of them will fit your car. The only different rear axle im aware of is the one in z24 and ls sports where it has an extra bar welded in the canter of the axle to help with cornering. Get this one if you can.

Yep. The FE2 axle is the one with the welded bar.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, January 07, 2015 1:26 PM
so fe0 fe1 will fit my car
Wednesday, January 07, 2015 1:30 PM
They'll all fit.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, January 07, 2015 6:41 PM
oh okay so try and find a fe2
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search