2000 sunfire runs great up to.... - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2000 sunfire runs great up to....
Saturday, January 10, 2015 5:19 AM
Hi. I have a 2000 sunfire. Its a 3speed auto. Ive changed tps, iac, ict (intake temp sensor), map, timing chain. Both times i got the scanner its bat was dead so i havent checked running data (koer). for some reason each time the engine light tirns on its a new and pointless code like this last one p0453 ftp sensor high volts. B4 was the intake temp sensor, and b4 that was the o2-1. Ive had a few cavaliers with the 2.2ohv. This one is a wierd one tho. Heres how it goes.... now, the car runs great as long as u stay under 3000rpm. U can play with the throttle to keep power under 3000 and it does wonderful. Plenty of power and response. At WOT from a stop is takes off like its got power like its supposed to.... till it hits 3000 rpm where all of a sudden the acceleration just stops and it gets stuck at 3grand (it wines and wails) till i let off the throttle enough for it to shift and rpms to fall below 3grand, then it will pull again like its supposed to.
Ask any questions, i can answer them all. I have any tool or can get it easly. Any suggestions will help. Im hoping i can get the scanner (snapon) next week and ill give freeze frame and real time data. Im jus hoping i can do this without scanner so i dont get stuck with a favor.

Re: 2000 sunfire runs great up to....
Saturday, January 10, 2015 6:31 AM
I forgot to mention that its not like a transmission slip either.
Monday, January 12, 2015 5:28 AM
So theres no one who has any idea but u guys can talk about other ppls problems? I thought this was a specialized forum for people with j bodys that woyld be able to point me in right direction. Anyway i got tired of waiting on u crapass people and tested the knock sensor. Im gonna replace ect as well. I would replace ignition module but then i would just be throwing parts at a car, like you girls do.
Monday, January 12, 2015 10:58 AM
lol. Haven't you already thrown parts at it?

This is a slow forum these days. Expecting an answer with a description like that in 1 day is being hopeful.

Calm down and fix it yourself or wait for someone who is still in the mood to help you now.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Monday, January 12, 2015 12:47 PM
Sounds like an electrical problem to me. The harness or the grounds could be screwed up.

Monday, January 12, 2015 1:00 PM
Wire harness. ^

Im sorry, i was just tryin to b lazy.

I had a few spare throttle bodies that had sensors on it and a bucket of map sensors. The only sensor i bought was the intake temp $13.
I got my multimeter out today and tested all the sensors. I got a hold of the scantooI today and took a drive, watched random sensors experiencing voltage spikes. I got hostile b4 because i didnt want to spend a bunch of time on it.

Thanks for the responses as well.
Monday, January 12, 2015 5:58 PM
Definitely look into your grounds. At the battery, on the block, etc.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search