headlights help - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
headlights help
Tuesday, January 13, 2015 12:58 PM
Hey, 1st post here. I have lurked here. My youngest son has a 95 Sunfire GT. We got it last summer. It is in unbelieveable shape. Not a speck of rust anywhere. It had been in storage for 10 years. The Previous owner had bought it for his son and they were going to "tune it out" but it never happened, so they sold it to make garage space. We got lucky and I also found a 96 Z24 Convertible for my other son in fantastic shape, only 65k miles.

So my question....I bought a HID kit for the Sunfire for my son for Christmas. Simple installation, no problems. They worked great (except the hi-beams which are not HID sucked) for 2 weeks. Then both sides quit working. I checked fuses, all was good. Today I replaced the Circuit Breaker 20amp fuse and now the high beams work, but nothing for low beams. Since both lights quit at the same time, I assumed it was a fuse or something. But now I'm stymied. Any ideas? I'm going to go put in the original bulb and by-pass the converters and see if that works.

Any ideas are appreciated!

Re: headlights help
Tuesday, January 13, 2015 1:57 PM
Well the old lights work, and both the HID ones were blown out. So I think moisture must have got in each headlight and when the bulbs blew it fried the circuit breaker fuse. Thanks anyway!
Tuesday, January 13, 2015 8:35 PM
I heard the oils from ur skin can cause the bulbs to burn out but not sure if this is a myth or not

ReD RaiN
Thursday, January 15, 2015 2:27 PM
are the ballasts analog or digital? i havnt had an analog ballast last longer than a year, ive been running digital ballasts on my motorcycle for two years and one just kicked the bucket. the more complex you make a system the more likely something will go wrong... that or the hid kits i buy are just too cheap
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search