Soaked Driver side floor board - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Soaked Driver side floor board
Friday, January 16, 2015 12:38 AM
I've got an 03 chevy cavalier, 2dr, base model, no sunroof, and since i bought the vehicle almost 5 months ago the floor board on the driver side has been soaked. every time it rains the floor board fills with water. I've replaced door bushings, re-set the stryker plate, and re aligned my door properly, i've cleaned out my cowl, and i've smoke tested the doors and the windows and i have no leaks that i can see using a smoke machine. i'm at a loss for the most part on what it could be, only idea i have left is the door seal because it has a very small cut in it. i wouldn't think that small cut would cause that massive of a leak but i could be wrong. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Re: Soaked Driver side floor board
Saturday, January 17, 2015 3:33 PM
check the seals at the heater hose and ac lines on the firewall, check the hvac case drain to make sure its not pluged up, check and make sure the hvac case isnt cracked on the lower half, the water may be leaking in from the hvac case when the ac is on( more condensation builds up when its real humid or raining. maybe a harness gromet? i've had issues with water leaks on uplander vans, i could never locate the exact source of the leak so i pulled the carpet and dash and just went crazy with silicone on the gromets and seals through the firewall.
Re: Soaked Driver side floor board
Saturday, January 17, 2015 3:34 PM
john baldwin wrote:check the seals at the heater hose and ac lines on the firewall, check the hvac case drain to make sure its not pluged up, check and make sure the hvac case isnt cracked on the lower half, the water may be leaking in from the hvac case when the ac is on( more condensation builds up when its real humid or raining. maybe a harness gromet? i've had issues with water leaks on uplander vans, i could never locate the exact source of the leak so i pulled the carpet and dash and just went crazy with silicone on the gromets and seals through the firewall.

i forgot to mention, lift up the carpet and check for any body plugs, maybe one fell out or is leaking?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search