How do you remove the throttle cable from the throttle body? 03 Cav - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How do you remove the throttle cable from the throttle body? 03 Cav
Tuesday, January 20, 2015 9:20 PM
Hi, guys

Long time but I'm back.

I need to remove the throttle cable from the throttle body area. There is a small plastic black part that connects it and I know it comes apart but I'll be darned if I can figure it out or if it needs some special tool.

I can provide a pic if needed if I am not describing this right.

Basically need to remove the piece at the end of the line, closest to the front of the car.

Reason is that I got a new engine and the mechanics broke the one from the old car and now when I use cruise control the end keeps slipping off when I hit a bump, etc. There is a locking pin of some kind that I want to get from my wife's old Cav with a bad engine. Kind of like a c-clip but with no visible way to pull out but I can see from the old one that there is definitely a way...don't want to bust my one extra though!

Thanks!

Re: How do you remove the throttle cable from the throttle body? 03 Cav
Wednesday, January 21, 2015 3:08 PM
Are you talking about the black plastic cover over the top of the throttle cable?

If so, you pull up on the top of the pin with a pair of pliers and once the center pin is raised up, the entire locking pin slides out. Mine has two of them ('02 Cavalier) and then the cover can be removed.

The two cables connected to the armature were easy to remove once the cover was off, I don't remember using any tools, just slack the cable, and remove it sideways out of the retaining hole.

Post a pic if i'm way off track and i'll take another look at mine to see if it's the same.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search