2.2 ecotec cranks wont start - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 ecotec cranks wont start
Wednesday, February 04, 2015 6:48 PM
I'm new to this page and I could really use some help IV got an 05 cavalier 2.2 ecotec 5 speed manual. Got car from a buddy no antifreeze or oil in the car he drove it like that for a few months was driving it one day and it just stopped running when I was slowing down wouldn't start with the key so as I was rolling dropped a gear and pop started it ran beautifully rest of the way home (maybe 2 miles) went out next day to start it and the car wont start it sits there and cranks and cranks but wont fire under its own power if I pop start it it will fire off quick and run beautifully again without missing a beat until I turn it off then it'll just crank again I replaced spark plugs ignition module and starter didn't help anything still just cranks its got a new battery has spark and gets fuel its got little to no pressure in cylinder 2 and 3 wont start with starting fluid either I'm completely stumped on what's wrong can anyone please help me out here please car only has 156000 miles if that matters thank you

Re: 2.2 ecotec cranks wont start
Thursday, February 05, 2015 6:42 PM
Well if he ran it with no oil, then your rings are probably worn out. The only reason pop starting it works is the engine can turn faster with the wheels then with the starter. Which will give the two good cylinders a chance to power up and run. That or you are just not getting enough fuel pressure.
Re: 2.2 ecotec cranks wont start
Tuesday, February 24, 2015 12:24 PM
Why would you even consider buying a car thats been improperly treated like that ,i mean DRIVEN WITH NO OIL OR ANTIFREEZE , SERIOUSLY DUDE! ...

BLACKMANTIS
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search