Yup another Passlock problem - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Yup another Passlock problem
Saturday, March 07, 2015 5:26 PM
Ok a little history
1997 Cav RS 5 speed 2.2 SOHC
The car ran fine until it got a little water leak (bottom hose), my son tried to jump it across on the starter to get it to crank, well when he did it threw the Theft System light on, we tried both relearn processes, so I surfed the net for hours looking for bypass information.
I tried both methods with the resistor and no luck
My light stays on all the time it doesnt blink, so that led me to believe that maybe when he crossed it over like that, that it blew the system in the PCM is that possible or am i missing something?
I poured over this forum and still havent got a clear answer, I have no problem replacing the parts to fix, I just hate to have to change everything
Thank for your time and any info you can give

Re: Yup another Passlock problem
Saturday, March 07, 2015 5:34 PM
Forgot, the engine turns over but doesnt start, and you can hear the fuel pump kick in
Saturday, March 07, 2015 8:02 PM
I would first check all your fuses then check wiring see if anything looks melted or out of place. If nothing try replacing relays and then if none of that helps pcm might have been damaged. Best of luck
Sunday, March 08, 2015 12:01 AM
Thanks for your reply.
I did check all the fuses, all are good.
I looked over the majority of the wiring I could see from top side, and checked the engine grounds
I will check the relays in the morning
Sunday, March 08, 2015 10:05 AM
Check all the relays and went over all the connections again, looks like PCM is shot.
Also found a hole in the lower radiator hose, the original reason my son jumped it across the starter
glad I found that before it over heated, might of been a blessing in disguise
Sunday, March 08, 2015 11:56 AM
Well cleaned and replaced all the grounds, same problem, theft light on solid cranks no start can hear the fuel pump kick in
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search