S10 computer compatibility - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
S10 computer compatibility
Friday, March 20, 2015 7:33 AM
Hey everyone, my first post here. I've been on forums forever though and I've done a search on this topic and seem to be coming up empty handed. Got a 98 cavalier 2.2 ohv 4 speed auto, and I actually really dig this car. The radiator fan isn't working. Ive replaced the temp switch for the fan, checked the fuse, tested the relay and tested the fan. All are working properly. When I unplug the temp switch the fan comes on. I'm leaning towards computer at this point.

My original purpose for this post is to find out if I can swap in a used S-10 computer? I'm a parts guy at a car dealership and can get one really cheap. I know I probably will have to get the computer flashed with the vin and mileage.

I'm ready to do some modifications to the car but I have to get the cooling fan dealt with first.

Thanks
Tim

Re: S10 computer compatibility
Friday, March 20, 2015 6:30 PM
Fan issue is a common problem with the 95-99 cars. If you unplug the sensor and the fan turns on the rules out the pcm. Unplugging the sensor makes the pcm think it's overheating I believe. I had a 97 that the fan worked when it wanted to.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search