Odd drivability problem - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Odd drivability problem
Friday, April 03, 2015 7:14 PM
Background of initial problem. Changed rack and pinion went to the gas station and filled up with fuel. on my way home more throttle angle was needed to accelerate, idle was not affected. by the time I got home it wouldn't rev past 4k or so. the next day I changed the fuel filter hoping that was the problem. it wasn't. the last time I worked on it, the car sat for over a week. went out to start it and it idled perfectly until I opened the gas cap, died immediately. charcoal canister is not saturated. I am at a loss..

Car won't stay running. It will start first thing in the morning and idle for 20 seconds or so while slowly making a louder intake sound.

It will start to miss and act like it is running out of fuel but the car smells rich.

after the initial stall, the car has to be at full throttle to start unless I let it sit for several hours.

Priming key on and off does not change anything.

Fuel pressure is good.

Re: Odd drivability problem
Friday, April 03, 2015 9:54 PM
I would scan it for codes, or have someone with a scan tool look at the sensor data. Could be anything from an O2 sensor, tps, or other sensor. It's a lot easier to diagnose looking at the sensor data.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Saturday, April 04, 2015 8:46 PM
The only code I got was random misfire code and it doesn't run long enough to read data stream
Sunday, April 05, 2015 12:22 AM
I would check for spark first and make sure it's firing right.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search