Car won't start need help asap - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Car won't start need help asap
Thursday, April 09, 2015 8:30 PM
Alright got a 02 cavalier ls sport with 2.2 Eco I drove it to work this morning started fine 4hrs later car cranks but no start took about 30 times and finally started. Looked into it more and found its not producing any spark nothing was touched idk what caused this in 4hrs And I had a thing that said error on the millege area one time that was it while trying to start didn't see it again... Any ideas??

I've replaced fuel pump and filter,crank sensor,ignition control module,new spark plugs.ive reset the battery and still nothing..... Any input would be awesome it's my daily

Re: Car won't start need help asap
Friday, April 10, 2015 12:07 AM
Worn out relays will some times cause that problems. If it happens again try switching the relays around or just replace them now. As far as error on mileage not sure.
Friday, April 10, 2015 1:16 PM
If you sure it's "no spark" it could be the control module. I know the old 80's Chevy V8 HEI module in the distributor used to stop working when hot but worked when cool.

Im not sure if that is relevant since the old modules controlled the spark timing where the computer does the work now.
Saturday, April 11, 2015 9:43 AM
I replaced all of thesecrank sensor,ignition control module,ignition switch,and pcm and still no spark
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search