possible major problem! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
possible major problem!
Sunday, April 19, 2015 10:39 PM
K so my 99 cav 2.2.l 5 speed has really been bringing me down. I have spent alot of money, time researching and lots of headaches so I've came to ask for help. Not sure where to begin. Main concern is theres drag coming from somewhere. I've replaced lines, hardware, calipers, pads/shoes, rotors, wheel bearings, struts, mounts, cleaned rust/parts and yea that's bout it. Problem is front right wheel seems to stick, but not sure what's causing it. Tried pulling abs fuse/relay makes no difference. Only sticks when slowing down after heating up. But if I don't use the brakes there's no issues. Also seems like its almost a pulsating type when accelerating. Ebrake also uses less clicks to fully up before it stops, brake pedal gets hard too. After it cools all back to normal. No leaks, good brake power. Any thoughts? I had a hunch that is might be the thing that slows the cars speed (not sure what that is called but like tac?) not sure if my car is equipped with that. I know it doesn't have tac tho. Clutch and everything else seems to be fine. No engine codes either. Not sure what else to check. Any info would be appreciated

ReD RaiN

Re: possible major problem!
Sunday, April 19, 2015 10:44 PM
Forgot to mention there's a burning smell after it heats up, but no indication of sticky pads

ReD RaiN
Monday, April 20, 2015 2:26 AM
Ok run it for a while with as little breaking as possible pullover and feel all brakes see if 1 is hotter then all others of so might have a sticking caliper or rear brake cylinder. Or you said ebrake uses less clicks are back breaks are self adjusting maybe yours have adjusted to tight. To check this pull of back tires and if it's hard to spin by hand with ebrake off might need to readjust them.
Sunday, April 26, 2015 10:22 PM
Hopefully next weekend I'll be able to check a few things out and I'll post bk with an update.

ReD RaiN
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search