Crankshaft Position sensor code P0335 and Camshaft position sensor P0342 - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Crankshaft Position sensor code P0335 and Camshaft position sensor P0342
Monday, May 04, 2015 8:52 PM
Hi everyone. So Working on my pos cavalier that is falling apart recently. So the news so far is this, the cavalier has trouble starting and sometimes stutters(sounds almost as if it misfires a bit) at idle. But other than that once started, it doesn't die, nor does it hesitate or act odd. the power is there and the car runs fine until it needs to be started or it idles for a while.

After some time the first code showed its face, the Crankshaft position sensor threw code P0335. Add another 100 miles and suddenly the Camshaft position sensor threw me code P0342. Car still runs and doesn't seem to be having any major issues. Engine is on 190K miles. I'm weary of attacking the Sensors and replacing them when it's possible the ECU is going or the Wiring harness is damaged.

Whats would be the best course of action, plan was to attend Fatmans Invasion this year but it's likely the car will be torn down soon and everything is going to be replaced, sandblasted, bondo, repainted, and all that. Including getting a 2.4 Twin-cam engine and a Getrag F23. However, I have recently considered because the amount of work I'm about to do to the Car, It may be worth it to just make an ECO swap. I personally liked the 2.4 twin-cam better but i want to be practical.

"I like to burn money in piles too" -Brian

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search