ecotec swap problems - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ecotec swap problems
Wednesday, May 20, 2015 1:20 PM
I done a ecotec swap on my 02 Pontiac Sunfire got rid of the old rattlely 2.2 vin 4 that was in it. I used the forum on here to help me along the way and Everything that was said was correct and spot on. I have a donor car that everything come out of so I swapped everything. For some reason my speedometer will not work now and my temp Gage just erraticly jumps continuously and the radiator fan blows all the time. Anybody got any ideas what I done wrong cause everything worked perfect in the cavalier I took it out of.

Re: ecotec swap problems
Wednesday, May 20, 2015 6:32 PM
You might have nicked some wires during the swap.

The ECT sensor controls the fan and the gauge as well. Start there.

Also the speed sensor on the tranny I would look at as well.

The connectors could have easily been pulled on just a little bit and unplugged.
Thursday, May 21, 2015 7:57 AM
I have changed both the temp sensors and the speed sensor ally wiring is good no breaks in the wires and the pins are still pushed in the connector plug as wel I have check multiple times I appreciate your reply any other ideas Andrew or anybody else
Thursday, May 21, 2015 8:42 AM
You have your wheel speed sensor and temp sensor swapped. Made the same mistake with the same problems when I did my swap.
Thursday, May 21, 2015 5:47 PM
I tried to reverse the plugs between the two they won't plug into each other is that what your meaning red
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search