Odometer issues - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Odometer issues
Tuesday, June 16, 2015 12:10 PM
I have a 2000 Cavalier base that I recently did a cluster swap on to a cluster with a tach. The first cluster I tried was missing several bulbs, and the odo didn't light up. I recently acquired a second cluster that works perfectly, other than the mileage flickering in the lcd. The problem doesn't seem to be with the cluster itself, as the odo lights up and both it and the trip meter can be read when the car is first started after sitting for a while or if I push on the front of the display. I'm thinking that the problem is with the plug, being that when I had the dash off wiggling the plug caused the display to flicker. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and has a solution?? All other gauges work correctly BTW. have a 2000 Cavalier base that I recently did a cluster swap on to a cluster with a tach. The first cluster I tried was missing several bulbs, and the odo didn't light up. I recently acquired a second cluster that works perfectly, other than the mileage flickering in the lcd. The problem doesn't seem to be with the cluster itself, as the odo lights up and both it and the trip meter can be read when the car is first started after sitting for a while or if I push on the front of the display. I'm thinking that the problem is with the plug, being that when I had the dash off wiggling the plug caused the display to flicker. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and has a solution?? All other gauges work correctly BTW.
Attachments
IMG_20150616_145749810~01.jpg (213k)
IMG_20150616_145801460~01.jpg (198k)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search