Clutch Line "Clip" At Slave Cylinder Wont Go In - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Clutch Line "Clip" At Slave Cylinder Wont Go In
Monday, June 22, 2015 8:04 PM
Title says it all..I replaced the clutch and am putting it all back together and that damn clip that holds the hydraulic line into the slave on transmission end,will not snap in!!!!!! Its pissin me off and I dont wanna force it and damage the new slave or the fitting on the line itself.....Can anyone chime in on what I may be doing wrong here...a stupid ass clip shouldnt be this much of a pain...

Re: Clutch Line "Clip" At Slave Cylinder Wont Go In
Monday, June 22, 2015 9:05 PM
2005 Cavalier btw,If anyone was wondering.
Tuesday, June 23, 2015 4:52 AM
This happened to me before it was the oring had swollen and I needed to replace it on the tip of the line.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Tuesday, June 23, 2015 9:02 AM
I dont know what you mean...
Im talking about the "C" clip I think its called that holds the ckutch hydraulic line into the slave cyl..I got it out easily but getting it in is being a pain...New clip or old Im just not able to getter in!! Lol all this slave labor puttin new clutch in to be stuck on this hahaha...I just dont wanna force it...
Tuesday, June 23, 2015 10:58 AM
Have you compared it to original slave cylinder? Might be a defect on nee 1 other wise no clue.
Tuesday, June 23, 2015 4:29 PM
Their both the same I looked and its fine...Whats the proper way of putting them in??? Insert hydr. Line and snap in clip??Or put the clip in first and try to push in line until the line snaps into clip???
Wednesday, June 24, 2015 9:15 AM
line first then clip. Thats what i always did.

The problem i had with the Oring was that it wasnt allowing the line to seat 100% and the clip was not able to line up into its proper location.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search