Size of window sweeps for a 1991 Pontiac Sunbird? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Size of window sweeps for a 1991 Pontiac Sunbird?
Wednesday, June 24, 2015 6:30 PM
Does anyone have a clue what size window sweeps molding on the inside and outside of the Sunbird convertible 1991 LE 4 were? RockAuto.com is showing like eight different ones for that model.If the molding is too wide you get leaks if not not wide enough you get leaks. Two experts later and still no solutions so taking the problem into my hands I cant do any worse than they did and I wont be charged for time that didn't resolve the problem.Any help would be appreciated!!!

Re: Size of window sweeps for a 1991 Pontiac Sunbird?
Wednesday, June 24, 2015 10:47 PM
These are technically called window belts(molding) I know I call them sweep's too.I am just wiped out and let me do some research to see IF I can offer a better solution when not tired.I will say I have done tons of research on this topic and have not gone into great detail on where to buy or suggest to buy this item or item's.Typically the outer sweep dries out and let's water run down inside the door the inner sweep or (aka belt) do not tend to wear out.Your outer belt slash window sweep has dried out and cracked into pieces and this is normal for a daily ride.I will say I have withheld info on specific info for the purpose of my own benefit.I will follow up and if you could snap at least 1 picture of your outer belt sweep to share would help me narrow down a possible choice.Gm went back and forth on cavs/birds and shared the the same or different versions iin some years.In short a good close up picture of your outside sweep to the glass for the rubber mold will help me research this for the rubber's design.The vert's sweep(belt) is very specific to the car and and fit.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search