windows replacement - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
windows replacement
Saturday, June 13, 2015 10:49 PM
I was wondering, aside from having to remove interior trim panels, whats involved to swapping windows? Anyone done this? Info please. I'm thinking it's prob just remove window trims, cut sealant, clean up and reseal? I'm looking to do all the windows. Any info/advice appreciated

ReD RaiN

Re: windows replacement
Tuesday, June 23, 2015 7:24 PM
Pain in the rear end . You have to get that back window sitting exactly straight from the inside with bottom nut loose and top nut loose which you can only do with window half down so your going to try, measure lower reset about 14 times. If you have a convertible as we do its a bigger pain. We are redoing a 1991 Sunbird convertible and now trying to figure exact size of window sweeps, inside and outside. If your handy with a socket set and have a second set of hands it can be done.
Re: windows replacement
Wednesday, June 24, 2015 10:11 PM
It's a coupe and yea I tried to remove the rear quarter.. Couldn't even get the window trim off let alone anything else. If it broke in that many places on my donar car, not even gonna attempt on my good one. I should be able to get the door glass out but for the rest, prob just be easier to go get them tinted

ReD RaiN
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search