Please help! HID's.. - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Please help! HID's..
Monday, August 10, 2015 5:36 PM
First off hello! My name is Alex and i am new to this forum. So here is my crazy problem...

I installed multiple HID's into this car and it seems the lights are HORRIBLE! So many dark spots and shapes are crazy bad... Has anyone ever had this issue and can they please help me! I'm going nuts! Car is a 2002 Cavalier Gen 2 i believe.

Headlight:

Should i remove this thing hanging?

Low Beams...

High Beams... Seem better.. but not really...

Thanks in advance everyone!

Re: Please help! HID's..
Tuesday, August 11, 2015 2:09 AM
Without proper projectors you still never hey decent output fromthe stock housings. Retro fit is the only way.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 8:57 AM
Hmm.. I looked up Retro Fit.. Kinda expensive.. is there an alternative for this? Housings with projectors already installed perhaps? or an off brand of projectors i can buy? also.. how hard is it to take the stock headlight and modify it to fit a projector? I am a very handy person but i do not wish to ruin my headlight since this would be my first time doing something like this.
Tuesday, August 11, 2015 1:56 PM
Afaik there is no pre made projectors for the 00-02 cavs. Retrofit is a generic term for putting aftermarket protectors intoned housings. There are lots of options out there. Also lots of good how-to guides. If after doing some researchyou are still not comfortable doing it yourself, I'm sure you can find someone that had experience to do it for you. In my past experience a good set of retrofitted lights go anywhere from $500-$1000+ depending on what you all get done to them.

Sunday, August 30, 2015 9:54 AM
$400 -$500 PROJECTORS WILL WORK GREAT ,YOU GOTTA PAY TO PLAY! CHEK EM OUT AT TUNERS DEPOT IN CALIFORNIA

BLACKMANTIS
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search