Fuel Lines - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fuel Lines
Wednesday, August 19, 2015 12:08 AM
Hey folks, I know this is probably a dumb question but I'm not exactly mechanically inclined, so whatever. I have a '98 Cavy 2.2 with just over 100k miles, and for the most part it's been great. The only problem I have right now is that I need to replace the original fuel filter, and in taking a quick look around I noticed that my fuel lines are extremely rusted. Like, to the point that it looks like it'll crumble and fall apart the second I touch it. It doesn't appear to be leaking anywhere, though I do have a very small leak right near the top of the gas tank. So anyway, on to the stupid question: would it be feasible to replace the fuel lines entirely? If so, what am I looking for in order to do the job? If not, what are my options in dealing with this stupid fuel filter/rusted line? Can I just replace a section of the line if something breaks? I assume there are connectors or some such thing to splice a new piece of line in, but I don't know.

I've searched the forum but haven't really found an answer that's dumbed down enough for me.

Re: Fuel Lines
Thursday, August 20, 2015 9:54 PM
I haven't done fuel lines before but i know brake lines are similar. U can bend them by hand usually, they are cheap but will need fittings as well as a pipe flange tool. Not real experienced with this maybe someone can fill in... I know removing fittings can be a pain. Might need open box end wrenches too. From my experience with any thing is do it all and right the first time. Oh and don't try to cut any lines with power tools :p

ReD RaiN
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search