91 Cav. 2.2 Oil pressure switch - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
91 Cav. 2.2 Oil pressure switch
Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:30 PM
Ok so I need to change the oil pressure switch on my 91 Cav. with the 2.2. I bought the new switch and the switch socket to get the job done.....problem is that the switch that is on the car now looks nothing like the switch I need and the tool I have will not fit over part of the switch.

I am lost, hoping someone can help me out with this so that I do not end up having to tear off the entire intake manifold and everything attached to it in order to get this "random" switch off.

I have included a "picture" of the switch that is on the car now that I personally made with my beyond awesome MS Paint skills lol
Please someone tell me wtf.
Attachments
Switch.png (7k)

Re: 91 Cav. 2.2 Oil pressure switch
Monday, September 14, 2015 9:24 PM
Did you ever replace the sending unit?I know the said tool deal for each specific car part and fit/non fit ordeal.In short I would have used a open wrench to remove it or some Mega sized channel locks in bind if it were me.You have to realize that your 1991 cars parts probably have changed in some appearance points as I go have been thru this on my 1985.

Re: 91 Cav. 2.2 Oil pressure switch
Thursday, September 24, 2015 7:52 AM
There is not enough room to get channels in there OR an open ended wrench. I am going to have to remove the intake to get to it. If I could get a sawzall up there I would just cut off the "barrel" and then use the designed tool lol
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search