Smoking Console (not on fire yet) - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Smoking Console (not on fire yet)
Sunday, September 27, 2015 3:22 PM
Hello everyone,
Haven't be on here in a while....Well I need some serous help.
I just got done replacing the Pressure Plate and Friction Disc. Had the Flywheel resurfaced as well and a new Hydraulic Clutch System.
Before I forget this is a 1998 2.2L Base with a manual 5 speed, I am working on. The issue is the check engine light flashes and the reader shows a PO300 code but nothing else also the ABS light goes on and off. The car is down on power, feels like its only making part of the power it used to. Double checked the fluid in the Tranny and it is correct, bleed all the darn air out of the clutch, Shifts freely while at rest and properly while driving.

Here is what has been done to the car so far: New spark plugs, Spark plug wires tested good, fuel filter replaced, new pressure plate, new friction disc, new hydraulic throw-out assembly( I don't know what it is called but it the thing with the bleeder valve sticking out of the transaxle.), New clutch-master cylinder (third one), New Rotors and pads. That's all I can think of for now.

The other issue that is the reason I am not driving it yet is, after a bout 10 to 15 minutes the center console gets hot and starts to smoke from the area around the parking brake and it smells like fuel. I can not find any leeks on the cars fuel system. Clueless on this one, any guesses?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search