1999 Cavalier Window Problem! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1999 Cavalier Window Problem!
Saturday, October 10, 2015 6:20 AM
I have a Convertible (1999 chevy cavalier 2.4) The driver window does not go all the way up and when i try to roll the window down it sounds like it is trying to go down, and goes down very choppy to about 1/4 of the way then stops, Also my passenger window goes only down about an inch before stopping completely and does not go back up at all, i dont want my car getting rain in it what do i need to fix this issue?? Thanks!!

shadowwolf162@gmail.com

Thank you so much ~Chris

Re: 1999 Cavalier Window Problem!
Friday, November 20, 2015 11:10 AM
I'd guess that your power window motors are failing. When they fail, they don't just completely stop working. They get weak and so they tend not to move the window past any of it's stickier spots, and the motors tend to have trouble raising the window unless you manually help it. I wrote an article about how to diagnose and replace power window motors. YOu may find it helpful.
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=11&i=127755&t=127755#127755
Friday, November 20, 2015 6:05 PM
It's either your Window motor which I doubt because you say you here the motor so my bet is it the window regulators are going bad not to hard to fix a little pricey though.
Friday, November 20, 2015 9:52 PM
The track could just be dirty too. Clean all moving parts, grease and check again. If no diff then prob the motor. Sometimes old worn weather stripping may get in the way causing friction

ReD RaiN
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search