No power after harness/pcm swap - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
No power after harness/pcm swap
Monday, October 12, 2015 7:03 PM
Ok, so I have a 95 ln2 cav that recently underwent a total harness swap to a 97' ob2 harness. The swap was done to repair a no charge situation even though the alternator was fine.

The engine had power before the swap... Has the high comp 98'-up block swapped in with the 97'-down head and a stage 3 cam with the rocker upgrades as well as comp springs.

Ok, so after getting past the theft system I got it started. It ran ok, but over the course of a week its done... Also managed to run a full tank of gas out in a little under 150 miles!

I noticed a lil brown on one spark plug, so I did a compression test all cylinders blew 180psi... So does it still sound like a head gasket? Possibly a sensor? Ohh also it blew black smoke after letting out under acceleration and white smoked at start up.

Re: No power after harness/pcm swap
Monday, October 12, 2015 7:07 PM
Almost forgot, the only cel codes it has thrown is the o2 sensor which sometimes throws sometimes doesn't.. And the egr... Cuz I'm still using the vacuum egr from the 95 head and I believe the 97' is electronic..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search