Need help, wacky electrical gremlin - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need help, wacky electrical gremlin
Saturday, October 03, 2015 7:44 AM
Ok so I can't figure this out. Car-2001 z24 auto, 125k-stops last night, cluster lights flashing, then shuts off. Everything dead, no lights inside or out. so I check battery ground, it's good, check voltage, battery no good. Jump it, everything starts, all lights work while connected to other car.

20min later Install New battery, starts right up-but, now the headlights don't work lo or hi, turn signals don't work front or rear, and only the middle brake light works. Left and right brake lights don't work. Taillights work & front parking lights work with switch on. Reverse lights work. Car runs fine, all cluster lights work.

Headlight fuse in left side of dash is good.
What happened? what do I check?

Re: Need help, wacky electrical gremlin
Saturday, October 03, 2015 5:28 PM
Relay on bumper checks out ok, every fuse in the car and under the hood is good.
Re: Need help, wacky electrical gremlin
Thursday, October 15, 2015 1:28 PM
So, update-all four bulbs were blown, relay under the dash was bad, alternator was bad (only putting out 8-9v) and the battery was also bad (probably because the alternator was shot)

replace/fix all of this, everything works, however the abs light, trac light, and the brake light on the dash are now lit.

any thoughts, or is this place just dead? I'll search again in case its magically unrelated, but any help would be appreciated...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search