highest mileage 2.2 ohv - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
highest mileage 2.2 ohv
Saturday, July 12, 2008 8:02 PM
are there any ohv's that rolled past 300 000 km? mine is approaching 250 000 and i just wanna see if you guys had any problems with your vehicles past that point

Re: highest mileage 2.2 ohv
Saturday, July 12, 2008 11:28 PM
Hi I have one 360000 Kilometers original head & gasket no problems only coolant pipes water pump starter and alternator this thing is fantastic. Mine is a 1999
Sunday, July 13, 2008 7:39 AM
Refer to 17-page thread entitled: How many miles do you have on your 2.2L

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Friday, October 16, 2015 6:00 PM
just crossed 180,000 miles on a 1995 sunfire. Was wondering if I have the oldest/highest mileage j-body left. Anyone else up there in mileage and still running?

Friday, December 04, 2015 8:21 AM
I haven't posted here in ages since I totaled my last cavalier. I currently drive a 01 2.2l 4 speed auto with 289,xxx miles on it and still pulls 30 mpg in mixed driving. Original engine and trans. I just keep up maintenance (oil changes, tune ups). I serviced the trans once at 150k... Should have kept up on that a little better, but with the age and mileage on it, I'm not touching it. The last thing I did was add a little Lucas Transmission tune fluid to it because it started shifting a little hard into OD. After that, it smoothed back out.

Overall, for a 14 year old car, I've had VERY little problems. To date I've only replaced normal wear items like the tires, battery, alternator, fuel pump, exhaust, blower motor and relay, and front window motors! It has been the most dependable vehicle I or any of my family has owned (outside of my pop's 02 Astro with the Vortec v6 with 290,xxx miles).

Good luck!

MaTtMan
98 Ls AuTo
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search