Odd Iacv problem - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Odd Iacv problem
Sunday, October 18, 2015 10:15 AM
Okay so my 04 has this odd iacv problem, I get two codes a P0507 and a P0507 pending plus a Trac off light. Now that in a gm is the Idle air control valve so I check it out, clean it, clean the throttle body and all the holes. Erase code and let the car idle but to no avail so I go out snatch about four separate iacvs from my local upap and first one works no rough jumping idle. Then out of no where bam rough jumping idle returns. I discovered that by erasing the code then turning the car on(not starting it) and scanning all I get is the pending. So I erase the pending code which removes the Trac off light and the car no longer idles roughly or jumps albeit halfway to 2k but otherwise perfect.

The only time the cars rpms are sporadic and cause the car to jump is when the Trac off light is on. If I erase it all the symptoms of a bad iacv just vanish and the car runs great. Is it a bad connection? I thought about splicing in a new connector but figured I would get some thoughts from you guys first.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search