Where is the 5 speed trans oil level check? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Where is the 5 speed trans oil level check?
Tuesday, November 24, 2015 9:03 PM
I have a 2001 Z24 2.4 L with 5 speed transmission.
I have a Chilton's manual, but it's nearly useless in a lot of ways.
I can't figure out where to check transmission oil.
The red filler cap doesn't have any stick.
I appreciate any info.

Thx.

Steve

Re: Where is the 5 speed trans oil level check?
Tuesday, November 24, 2015 10:29 PM
Not sure if the 2.2 is the same but on the 2.2 it's Below the brake booster way down by the fire wall. It is a red flip fighter jet style plug u pull up and out. There is no dipstick. Use a funnel and tube is the easiest way to fill i know of

ReD RaiN
Thursday, November 26, 2015 6:37 AM
Not sure if its the same as my 02 ecotec. I can't recall when they switch from the Isuzu tranny to the Jets rag tranny. But on mine there is an 8 millimeter hex head on the back of the transmission kind of in the middle of the casing.
Thursday, November 26, 2015 6:33 PM
Mmmm, it is probably one of the newer transmissions, do you have a single line going into the transmission from the clutch master with a bleeder valve on it? or is there one line going in and one coming out with a bleeder on it? The ones with the single line and bleeder I heard have to basically get filled right up to when you just start to see it, with ATF. and the cap in as the others said, under the brake booster.

The other ones with the line going in and a line coming out with a bleeder have a flip switch thing in the same spot, cept it is usually easier to get to from underneath the car. And it has a dipstick on it. and it should be filled with Gear oil
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search