I wrecked my cavalier today. - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I wrecked my cavalier today.
Wednesday, January 20, 2016 9:57 PM
I rear ended someone stopped in the road today at about 30 mph. The steering wheel airbag deployed. I will have to replace the front bumper and hood also. Both parties are ok. My car is totally drive able. After the cop left the scene, I turned my car back on and looked under the hood. The radiator was not touched at all. No leaks of any kind or rubbing, the fan was fine too. Nothing bent out of shape and no strange smells. Everything seemed totally fine, so I drove it to work. ( after cutting out the deployed bag so I can see )
The car seemed down on power. Without any visible damage that I can see or smell, what can cause this lose of power? Engine mounts have not shifted and everything still feels locked in place if I push or wiggle on it. It seems like I have to give it more throttle than usual to get a downshift to merge into traffic. I'll post pics tomorrow... Could any internals be warped? Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: I wrecked my cavalier today.
Thursday, January 21, 2016 9:24 AM
Maybe a push-on hose, like the MAP sensor vacuum hose, or the throttle body air intake hose got knocked off? Is it throwing any codes?
Thursday, January 21, 2016 7:29 PM
Sorry it took me a while to reply. I've been running around all day. The check engine is not on. All hoses appear fastened. Odd thing I just noticed is, the dome light will not come on when I open my door but the trunk light does come on when I pop the trunk.
Saturday, January 23, 2016 11:58 PM
IMO, drive around for a bit without too much braking. Then check how hot your front rotors are. Maybe you screwed up one of the calipers if you slammed on them hard. And maybe it is just enough to cause some drag.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search