need opinions - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need opinions
Sunday, February 07, 2016 10:51 PM
Hey guys I've got a dilemma here and hoping with some opinions might help sort it out. Might be a bit confusing so I'll try to keep this short. Ive got a 99 Cav with the 2.2 that's road worthy with a spare motor. Car needs pretty much full exhaust, possible abs problem as well as a overheating issue that's not a major concern, needs and has body work done. Needs paint, doors. Runs/drives good and has lots of new chassis parts. Brakes and, lines all around, wheel bearrings, fluids, plugs, suspension plus painted interior, intake. I also have a 04 Cav with an eco with around 40k more but the body is allot better shape but needs small exhaust repair, possible clutch, trunk repair and a few minor things. Interior is in rough shape tho. Debating what car to keep. I know what's been done to the 99 but the body of the 04 is much better condition. Should i keep the 99 and swap the whole front end including doors from the 04, or should i keep the 04 not really knowing what's new or not and swap the Interior from the 99. Basically it's gonna come down to what's more work cuz i figure costs will be around the same but either way i go it's gonna be a big swap whether it's exterior panels and whole chassis or the whole interior but lose 2 engines but gain a better body with a eco.. Hmm suggestions?

ReD RaiN

Re: need opinions
Sunday, February 21, 2016 11:16 PM
K guys ur not helping much.. Spring is coming and need to decide. Right now i don't have nothing to drive and need to start planning. Should i go with the 99 that has pretty much everything new in terms of chassis/brakes and 210k with painted interior and aftermarket parts but needs paint, body work and exhaust or go with the 04 i know nothing about with 40k more, bad interior but the body is alot better condition and complete stock? as stated both cars need work and prob around the same cost wise

ReD RaiN
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search