Head lamp issues & finicky cruise control. - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Head lamp issues & finicky cruise control.
Sunday, May 29, 2016 9:21 PM
So I have been having issues with my head lamps on and off since I let my sister in-law barrow the 04' Cavalier for school(i had a service van). She installed a sub woofer & amp, the ground was good but they went straight to the side post with a inline fuse, not ideal, I eventually removed it after a year or so of head lamp issues, anyways ever since that I have been changing head lamps two at a time for a while now, as one will burn out its best to replace both. The head fixtures had gotten pretty hazy so I replaced them with some Dorman's a OE replacement. I have changed the lamps again at least half a dozen times. I have noticed that the center terminal on the blue connector that plugs into the lamp its self looks burnt on both fixtures. I also noticed this on the old fixtures as well. Any ideas on what might be causing this would be super helpful as my commute is two hours each way, both during the night. I'll post a picture of the connector plug tomorrow if anyone needs clarification.

The cruise control issue has happened since I bought the car used in 09'. It will randomly just disengage. I read somewhere that it is the abs sensor shorting out, but I don't have abs. The relay has been swapped out more than once and the voltage is good across the relay and fuses is normal. Sometimes its triggered by a bump in the road and sometimes it just flat wont work. It is truly a intermittent issue if I have ever seen one and a limited energy data tech..

Thanks to any and all advice in advance!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search