2003 Ecotec 2.2 Cavalier - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2003 Ecotec 2.2 Cavalier
Monday, June 13, 2016 8:03 PM
Hello J-Body Members, I am new here and not a gigantic fan of forums, but with this one, I am desperate.

On the weekend I rolled my project car. It has pushd in the front side passenger pillar, and crush the top support beam that the windhshield mounts in to. The rest of the car remains fine.

The only reason I am fixing this car is because it was my very first car of all (Ive had 7 of these, 2 that are still on the road). Ive owned it since 2011, and have made it strong and steady to 309 thousand km without burning a drop of oil.

I hhave located a parts car in my area, an 05, that I want to chop the top and swap over to my car. In other qords, Cut and weld. I am going to cut the steel around the glass, so if I dont get the roof exactly true, it wont affect the sealing of my glass, as i wont be removing any glass from the donor car.

What i need from the J-Body community; Any pictures, diagrams r structural schematics of the frame that can be provided. I am going to be tearing this car down to a level that i have never endevored to before, and the more time passes, the more i start to think it may be out of my league. But, i managed to rebuild two of these cars beforehand, just nothing this bad.

So, anything that could be provided would be greatly appreciated, I will be starting my project this coming weekend, wish me luck?

P.S Save the flaming but this is a Four Door (4 doors more whores (; )

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search