2 new annoyances on the list - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2 new annoyances on the list
Monday, September 05, 2016 4:11 PM

Clutch pedal no resistance first half of the way down and back up. Nobody to help me out, so is it possible to bleed the clutch by yourself? I'm assuming that just using a turkey baster and replacing some of the old fluid in the master cylinder with fresh brake fluid won't help?

Second - outside rear view mirror springs. The bottom on each side have disappeared so now only the one on top and don't expect them to last much longer. Mirrors are kind of loose but it is the danger of them totally falling off and being destroyed while driving down the highway that has me concerned. Can you buy just the replacement springs and if so, how do you get them in? (I'm not talking about replacing the entire mirror).

Thanks

Re: 2 new annoyances on the list
Thursday, September 08, 2016 4:00 PM
for your clutch, are you missing any clutch fluid in your reservoir? if you are then no matter how much you bleed, you wont get a good pedal. You need to replace your clutch release bearing. its a pain if your doing it your self. That is the problem I'm having at the moment. For me it usually goes out around every 5-6 years.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search