2.2 ecotech oil pan removal - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 ecotech oil pan removal
Tuesday, May 30, 2017 8:53 PM
Hi, I've been a little baffled about getting the oil pan on this 2.2 off. I'm pretty darn sure that all of the bolts are out. I've checked many times. And will again I'm sure. I've heard the seal will hold the pan on hard, and so it has to be pried. I can't seem to find a place to get any leverage, or to get a screwdriver, or a scraper between the pan and the engine. I tried setting up a lever, that I lifted with a floorjack, with a counter lever that would apply downward force. I raised and raised that jack very slowly and carefully, and not a single budge! It started lifting the car off of the jack stands before the oil pan was going to pop off! Yes, the force was going down on the oil pan. Picture a see-saw, with one bar braced, and another wedged on a piece of the oil pan, so one end of the bar goes up, while the other end pushes down on the oil pan. But no go.

Does anyone know if there's a trick to this? Something I should try? Is there a super secret double probation classified "need to know only" hidden bolt somewhere that I missed?

Thanks,
Casey (Charles)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search