No spark what should I check? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
No spark what should I check?
Monday, July 09, 2018 10:23 AM
So we have a beloved 1995 Pontiac Sunfire. She was running fine then it stalled and wouldn't start back. Had it towed to our garage and have been confused ever since. We have fuel but no spark at all, so doubting it's the passlock sensor.
She'll crank but won't start. We were scared this would happen after our sable wagon died last year so we stockpiled ignition components.
So far we have tested and replaced the following :
ignition control module
ignition coils
wires and sparkplugs
Crank position sensor
Ignition switch
All fuses
Battery
Alternator
And Starter.
We're moving tomorrow and afterhaving this car for 3 years my girlfriend is praying she can be saved. Any help is appreciated.

Re: No spark what should I check?
Monday, July 09, 2018 10:25 AM
Update: Also tried a new pcm with original prom and with a new prom and neither changed anything.
Monday, July 09, 2018 10:29 AM
Edit: forgot to mention I've looked through the forums and nothing seems to pertain to our car or help it
Monday, July 09, 2018 5:26 PM
A guy on the Pontiac forums had the same problem, he started wiggling wires under the dash and his car started.

GM has had wiring problems over the last few years.

Wiggle wires under the hood also.

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Monday, July 09, 2018 5:49 PM
Alot of problems on your year of steering column fires due to the ignition switch.There was a recall.

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 12:56 PM
Thank you well try it! Let you know if we have any luck !
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search