2004 Chevy cavalier brake question - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2004 Chevy cavalier brake question
Tuesday, September 04, 2018 8:42 PM
Can anyone tell me what this part is called? It's the block that splits the 2 lines from the master cylinder to the 4 individual lines of the brakes.

I just replaced my back brakes. New lines, new wheel cylinders, new brake shoes after my wheel cylinder busted and I broke a line trying to get it off, and I drove a week with a blocked off back brake but now my back right line gets no fluid. I tracked it down to whatever that distribution block is called by taking off that line and pumping my brakes once no fluid came out but the other 3 lines fluid came out. So I guess I have to replace whatever that block is called so I can get fluid to that back passenger side brake and bleed all 4.

So does anyone know what that's called or how to fix that single line not getting fluid?
Attachments
image.jpg (23k)

Re: 2004 Chevy cavalier brake question
Wednesday, September 05, 2018 11:46 AM
Brake modulator valve about $800 brand new, better to find used.

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Re: 2004 Chevy cavalier brake question
Saturday, September 08, 2018 3:27 AM
Is you ABS light on?

You can try bleeding the ABS system first. Here is a write up on it:
https://www.aa1car.com/library/abs_bleeding.htm
You might also find something on YouTube covering it too.

If that doesn't fix it, you can, check ebay. There are quite a few used ones listed for very good prices. Though you can likely find one in a local junk yard too.

I am not sure if you can do an ABS delete on a 3rd gen or not. If so, it is likely covered somewhere here on the forums.

Good luck.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search