How to repair, reattach convertible rear window - Page 3 - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: How to repair, reattach convertible rear window
Thursday, July 05, 2018 7:58 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

This 7 year old post helped resolve my issue on my wife's newly acquired Audi TT. The top and window had separated at the top half of the window allowing rain in and preventing the top from retracting properly.

Take your time while doing this, and you'll be in great shape!

Chad

Tuesday, November 06, 2018 10:05 PM
Chad: I'm so glad to hear that my 8.5 year old post helped you and others!

It is now 8.5 years since I glued the window of my 1996 Cavalier convertible and 5 year since I glued the window of wife's 1996 Cavalier convertible. Both are still holding tight.
Sunday, July 10, 2022 1:38 PM
Hey RazMaTazz thank you for sharing the step by step fix. About to give it a try on my 95 mustang cobra. The bottom of the window has come unattached from the vinyl. The link to the pictures isn’t working for me… it’s taking me to an errored out page. Can you reshare?

Cassie
Wednesday, July 20, 2022 12:03 PM
Since the link in my original post no longer works, following is a new link to photos taken during the rear-window repair process. I'm not sure how much it will help with repairs of convertibles other than Chevy Cavaliers and Pontiac Sunfires.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/QFY9ftAZmUsCrT6f6
Sunday, August 14, 2022 6:34 PM
I signed up for this message board just to say 12 years later, this post was an absolute godsend. I fixed my 2005 New Beetle Convertible this week. We're only on day one since latching the top but she's looking good and I'm so happy I didn't have to drop 2-3k on a new top for now.

It isnt flawless and I did manage to get a little window weld on my canvas but I can live with it!
Attachments
20220814_151657.jpg (6106k)

Thursday, December 15, 2022 11:57 AM
I'm happy to hear that my post was able to help!

It is now 12.5 years since I glued the rear-window of my 1996 Cavalier convertible, and it is still holding.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search