2.2 Ecotech No Spark. - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 Ecotech No Spark.
Monday, January 27, 2020 8:13 AM
I have a 2005 Chevy Cobalt with a no spark issue. We checked the timing, compression and fuel which were all good, just seems the coil pack is not firing. We ohm tested it and read 0.9 on both sides. Also has 12 v on the constant. Just looking for some insight as to where to possibly go to next. I watched the video on how to test the ignition module and it seems fine as well. It is one of those that does not have a camshaft position sensor and uses a simulated signal from the ICM. Any pointers on how to check for electrical issues that would interfere in this would be greatly appreciated.

Re: 2.2 Ecotech No Spark.
Wednesday, January 29, 2020 10:22 AM
You happen to check the crank position sensor?

That can also cause this issue.

DRIVING FORCE FABRICATIONS

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 10:25 AM
Moving this over to Maintenance and Repair.

To contact a moderator, please send a direct message to the moderator account. Please
note you must be logged in to send messages to this account.

Please include a link if you are contacting us regarding a thread.

DO NOT SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES TO THIS ACCOUNT, USE THE LINK ABOVE.
Monday, February 17, 2020 8:35 AM
Yes we have replaced the crankshaft sensor during this build and have checked the voltage at the sensor and the ecm which both test ok. We did get the engine to start after replacing the ignition module. After warming up it stopped firing on cylinders 1 and 4 (2 coil coil pack) so at this point I believe this is the issue
Monday, February 17, 2020 11:03 AM
*edit*
Cylinders 1 and 4 worked at start up but quit after the vehicle warmed up. After shutting the vehicle off the coil for 1 and 4 quit producing spark altogether. I will also go back through the connection at the ecm because I understand that this connector can be problematic for this year.
Tuesday, February 18, 2020 3:11 AM
Strange, for sure update with what you find.

DRIVING FORCE FABRICATIONS

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search