Wire harness compatibility? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wire harness compatibility?
Monday, February 24, 2020 10:31 PM
Sorry if i post this in the wrong area but i tried searching the forum and didn't find anything related to this but I have a 1995 Pontiac Sunfire coupe 2.2l automatic with abs that has had a no spark issue for about 2 years now.

It was my partners first car and they really don't want to have to haul it off to a scrapyard. Little bit of back story on the car, we have had the car for about 5 years now and it never gave us any major issues (except the headlights trying to catch on fire once.)

In 2018 it was running fine then just quit while idling at the store.So i checked everything i could in that parking lot, it had compression and fuel but no spark. That's when i towed it home and started dumping money into it (I know i could have tested everything on it and only bought what i needed but 90% of the stuff coming off was oem from the factory so why not replace it.) After every new part i put on I would try it and still no spark. I borrowed my dad's snap-on ecu scanner tool and plugged it in, it said everything was working fine and that i was getting spark (i still wasn't.)

So now its been sitting a year without being touched, I decided to mess with it again as a summer project, the final two electronic pieces that i have yet to replace are the ignition key switch and the wiring harnesses (dash, engine, and lights.)

So my question here I suppose is what are compatible wiring harnesses for the 95 model sunfire/cavalier is it just going to be the standard 95-99 years or is it going to be specific to the 95? Only reason I ask if its specific is i had to go to a dealer for a few of the parts and they told me some of the parts were only specific to that year.

Sorry about the novel but I figured I'd put as much info as I could in just incase someone else might know what the issue could be, because if after i put in the key switch and harnesses, I'll be back to let everyone know if it worked or not.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search