Sea foam... - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sea foam...
Monday, January 31, 2005 7:47 PM
I searched and found the old dead threads but none of the important answered got answered. But i have a few others..
- Where do you add it to? I've heard a few different places...
- How is it on Gaskets? Valve and head..
- Do you have to change the oil right after it?
- Is there one sold by the dealership or just one brand?
- A step by step guide would help alot and anything to watch out for. I think i am going to do this tomorrow on my day off if all goes well...

Re: Sea foam...
Monday, January 31, 2005 7:56 PM
if i remember right you can add it to gas, oil,antifreeze...i donno but id definetly change the oil and antifreeze afterwords...also dont add too much, the stuff is accually pretty powerfull and too much will mess things up, trust me on that one
Monday, January 31, 2005 8:19 PM
seafoam is the name brand, we sell it at my work. Add 2/3 of bottle directly into your intake tube (car running) slowly so you dont bog it down. It will smoke something ferocious out of the tail, but that means its working. I add the other 1/3 to the gas tank at about 1/4 take to get a good concentrated amount into the injectors. You can also add it to your oil. Cleans bottom end of engine and frees sticky rings. DO NOT ADD TO ANTIFREEZE!

Can you keep up?
Monday, January 31, 2005 8:25 PM
i think i found what i needed....

100% Pure Petroleum
Use in All Engines in All Seasons
2 Cycle, 4 Cycle, and Diesels
Treats 3 Critical Areas: Gas Tank, Fuel Systems, and Crankcase

Cleans fuel injectors
Cleans carburetor jets
Cleans carbon
Stabilizes fuels
Upper cylinder lube
Removes moisture in fuel
De-icer
Frees sticky lifters
Frees sticky rings
Removes moisture in oil
Cleans P.C.V. systems
Cleans catalytic converter odors
Oxygen sensor safe

How Many Mechanics Use SEA FOAM
In Tune-Up of 4 Cycle Gasoline Carbureted or Fuel Injected Engines
Autos, Trucks, and Tractors
With engine warm, slowly pour 1/3 to 1/2 pint through carburetor or throttle body throat. (If vehicle is port injected slowly pour SEA FOAM through direct manifold vacuum line that will feed all cylinders, possible sources are P.C.V. valve or brake booster line.) This will pull SEA FOAM down on top of the pistons and to the back of the intake valves to dissolve carbon. Turn ignition off. Restart engine after 5 minutes. If severe carbon build up is apparent, use more Sea Foam as previously directed. Make sure exhaust is well ventilated when using Sea Foam in these various ways as fumes will be extreme for a short time.
Pour 1/3 to 1/2 pint into oil crank case to clean rings, lifters, dirty parts and remove moisture.
Pour 1/3 to 1 full pint into fuel tank to clean injectors, carburetor jets, fuel lines and remove moisture.
Immediate Results: Smoother idle, increased R.P.M.'s better throttle response and improved performance. See label on can for detailed results for use in each area.
FUEL TANK, CARBURETOR, INJECTION and OIL CRANKCASE.

For Peak Performance, Use SEA FOAM Every 2,000 to 5,000 Miles

A 100% pure petroleum product for use in all gasoline and diesel type engines, both 2 and 4 cycle. OXYGEN SENSOR SAFE.
Cleans dirty engine parts internally by removing harmful gums, varnish and carbon. WORKS AND PERFORMS INSTANTLY.
Removes moisture from oil crankcases and fuel tanks.
Stabilizes and conditions fuels. Use for engine storage.
Cure hesitations, stalls, pings and rough idle due to carbon buildup.
Helps pass emissions test. EPA Registered.

http://www.seafoamsales.com

Monday, January 31, 2005 8:41 PM
How long do you leave it in the oil pan?

Tuesday, February 01, 2005 2:23 PM
I added 8 ounces to the gas tank... 1 cup roughly... about 2 oz to the oil pan and about 4Oz through the throttle body.... i didn't get @!#$ for the white clouds of smoke... maybe a little bit of white ness.... other than that... its threw my ETS light on and began to feel like the transmission was bombing into the gears.... Started heading to the dealership and it went off and now everything is fine... only thing i notice is ... seem likes it idles a little more rough... so in all... i want my 5 bucks back.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005 4:16 PM
Another other testimonials i just was goona do a post aboot this, bumpsicle.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005 5:43 PM
Yea... there is some people who swear by this stuff.... but thats the last time i will ever use it. I thought i seriously messed somthing up and i was extremly pissed off. I've got about 1500 more miles b4 i am due for my 3k oil change and hopefully by then it will be out of the car. I just don't get how it threw the ETS off and was causing the tranny to shift like neutral bombs...

Tuesday, February 01, 2005 5:46 PM
i think you're supposed to let it run, not drive it when you do it, but i dont know that for sure, just thought i read that on one of the earlier posts about it

I NEED AN 03-05 SUNFIRE FRONT END. ANY PIECE. EMAIL ME

www.cardomain.com/id/eazy716
Tuesday, February 01, 2005 6:00 PM
I work in a store that sells Seafoam. When the rep was up telling us about the product, he demonstrated on my car. He poured 1/3 through the brake booster line with the car running at normal temperature, and it started sputtering. Then he poured 1/3 into the gas and said to only put the other 1/3 in the oil if you're going to change the oil within 50 km. After your done putting it throught the booster line, shut the car off for about five minutes, then take the car for a good hard drive to get all the carbon out.

All I can say is that from my experience with Seafoam, although it seemed to do the job, you get different results on different vehicles but it is a product I wouldn't hesitate to use again.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005 6:04 PM
i removed my intake and took the IAT sensor out... poured it directly into the TB and let it almost stall out.. turned it off... polished my intake to get the dirt and crap off....DAMN IAT sensor was a bitch to put back in.. so i got a little baby oil on the rubber gromet and wiggled her in... started the car back up and took a few cranks and finally turned over... looked for the smoke and only what i could tell it was just moisture steam... still was studdering a little bit... then cleared up... still nothing... so i put a little more like another oz and turned it off... started right up that time... and connected the intake back on and went for the drive and realized the problem...

Tuesday, February 01, 2005 11:23 PM
When I did this, I poured it right into the throttle body at normal operating temperature.. (guage reads about 190 or so I think) .. about half a can.. my car didn't die though it sputtered a lot.. I killed it and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes.. then I started it back up and rev'ed it up.... smoke galore... the neighbors came outside and yelled at me for making it smell and getting the smoke in their house.. I laughed at them .. I poured about 1/4 in the gas and the rest into the oil.

I then put my intake back on and took it out on the highway and drove it pretty hard .. smoke kept pouring out for quite a while all the vehicles tailgating me when I got on the highway backed off real quick when I mashed the gas and unleashed the smoke on em... got off the highway and cruised around town for a few minutes.. I noticed it had a little bit better pick up, idled a lot smoother and quieter.. doesn't turn your car into a racecar but it really helped my car out.. I'd do it again..

Oh I also changed my oil right after I took the car out..

Saturday, March 12, 2005 9:12 AM
Cody Chanthaseny wrote:When I did this, I poured it right into the throttle body at normal operating temperature.. (guage reads about 190 or so I think) .. about half a can.. my car didn't die though it sputtered a lot.. I killed it and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes.. then I started it back up and rev'ed it up.... smoke galore... the neighbors came outside and yelled at me for making it smell and getting the smoke in their house.. I laughed at them .. I poured about 1/4 in the gas and the rest into the oil.

I then put my intake back on and took it out on the highway and drove it pretty hard .. smoke kept pouring out for quite a while all the vehicles tailgating me when I got on the highway backed off real quick when I mashed the gas and unleashed the smoke on em... got off the highway and cruised around town for a few minutes.. I noticed it had a little bit better pick up, idled a lot smoother and quieter.. doesn't turn your car into a racecar but it really helped my car out.. I'd do it again..

Oh I also changed my oil right after I took the car out..

Lol! That's the funniest thing I've read all day.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines." -- Steven Wright
Saturday, March 12, 2005 1:30 PM
The easiest way to pour it in is the Vacume line coming from the brake booster. Just take pliers After the valve going towards the Intake, Pull the hose clamp loose, While the car is on. Place the can over the opening in the hose and the vacuume will suck it right out of the can. Let it take 2/3rds of the can, then turn your car off, and let it sit for 5-10 mins. Re attach the vacuume hose. Turn your car on, and bring it up to 2000 rpms for a few mins. White smoke should start to pour out of your exhaust. Let it run for a little bit, then drive on a hwy for about 20 mins more.

How simple is that.

The first time i did it, i had no white smike, but i forgot to bring it up to 2k rpms.

I have used it successfully on 2 sunfires, 1 88 crx, 1 nismo S13, and 1 john deer.

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search