ECU Recall for 2003? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ECU Recall for 2003?
Thursday, February 10, 2005 1:37 PM
I heard somethin going around about this and how it is supposed to fix the stalling problem but I hadn't heard which years it included. So I was wondering if it included my 2003 cavy ecotec. any info would be very helpful.

Re: ECU Recall for 2003?
Thursday, February 10, 2005 4:00 PM
It depends on your VIN, but it is prolly effected if you have an '03 with stalling, mine was.
Thursday, February 10, 2005 6:54 PM
i have a 2003 cavalier with the ecotec...I went in for a taillight recall and they updated my ecm....Its an automatic and I never recieved a recall in the mail...check with a dealer
Thursday, February 10, 2005 6:55 PM
Patrick Dingee wrote:I heard somethin going around about this and how it is supposed to fix the stalling problem but I hadn't heard which years it included. So I was wondering if it included my 2003 cavy ecotec. any info would be very helpful.

Pick up the phone, call the dealer, give them your vin, and they will tell you if your vehicle is affected.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, February 10, 2005 6:59 PM
its not a recall but a service bulletin. They should check your ECM Reading. Mine was corrected with the stalling problem after the update.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums
Thursday, February 10, 2005 8:29 PM
I did actually get a letter about the taillight problem so I guess I will have the dealer check it out when I take it to get that fixed. Thanks for all your help guys.
Friday, February 11, 2005 10:40 PM
This is a very common problem in '03, the update does not take longer than say a half hour, but in a dealer, time is money, so they may try to blow you off, especially if their techs are swamped with non-warranty work, so be persistant, I had to.
Friday, February 11, 2005 10:45 PM
I did the tail-lamp thing before the recall myself.
Just add some tune-up grease to the bulb and socket, and put a new one in.
You can do both sides in like 15 min by yourself, or you can rot in the waiting room watching Jerry Springer and drinking bunk coffee while they do the same thing for god knows how long.
I know I don't want that.
Sunday, February 13, 2005 8:12 AM
yea everytime i go they always say they cant do it because its a sat. how freaking hard is it to hook up the plug and have it download...NOT HARD, for this reason I havent had it done yet.

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, February 14, 2005 3:50 PM
F-that man, make them do it, if you cannot wait for them, they should at least give you a ride home, if it's going to longer than a day, demand a rental car.
Go as far as you need, talk to the general manager if thats' what it takes, either they will prioritize you, or give you a way around.
Don't be disrespectful, but make it sound like it will ruin your life if you do not have your car. After all, it's GMs fault, not yours.
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 5:35 PM
it will ruin my life without my car!

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search