Replaced shock! Still clunkin Help! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Replaced shock! Still clunkin Help!
Sunday, February 13, 2005 11:44 PM
Any suspension guys out there? I replaced the shock cause it was squeeking like mad. Well it doesnt bounce all over the place now but still squeeks. Well I pulled it off a few times and noticed the top mount had a cylindrical piece that had detached itself. So I assume that is the squeek. So I will replace that but it still has a nice Bang when going over a large bump. Its fine on smaller bumps but a nice sized one just bangs away. Not normal. Anything else I could look at. I am not familiar with this car so ,maybe a heads up on a part that I am missing. Its a 96 z24. Also at the moment the front brake line has a hole in it so its keeping me from doing any real hard road testing. Thanks in advance guys!

Re: Replaced shock! Still clunkin Help!
Monday, February 14, 2005 4:39 AM
strut mount mabey?

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Monday, February 14, 2005 7:51 AM
Are these stock parts you're talking about or aftermarket?

---

Monday, February 14, 2005 12:27 PM
These are completely stock. I just got al the parts to fix the front brakes and Im off to get a top mount to see if this solves any problems. I was unsure if there were any other mounts or pivot points that could be shot that I might need to check out. But as far as I can tell the shocks and assembly are the only parts that would take the impact to make a clunk. So I will get some more observation on it tonight!
Monday, February 14, 2005 12:42 PM
My money is on the strut mount, have had 2 Sunfire's now and they went on both of them. Causes a real annoying bang going over bumps.
Monday, February 14, 2005 1:16 PM
^^ I agree, especially since your components are stock.

---

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search