air compressor cluch - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
air compressor cluch
Monday, February 14, 2005 6:57 PM
hey fellas i have a ? my air compressor cluch is makin noises. its the barrings on the inside i beleive. i notice that ther is a small oil spot coming from that area of the car could it be coming from that. or wht could it beee? im planning on taking the pump out i dont use air any way. any help will be app. thnkx

Re: air compressor cluch
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 5:22 AM
Mine is doing the same thing. Load noise, don't know how to describe it. Going to just get a by-pass pulley if my dealership will ever get one in.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 2:13 PM
I'm pretty sure thats the problem I am having too, haven't had it checked out though...

does it sound like metal rubbing on metal? like a chain rubbing against metal casing or something of the sort?

Friday, February 18, 2005 9:04 AM
ahfunaki wrote:I'm pretty sure thats the problem I am having too, haven't had it checked out though...
does it sound like metal rubbing on metal? like a chain rubbing against metal casing or something of the sort?

Kinda sounds like that, more of a bearing sound to it.
You problem might/would be the timming chain.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, February 18, 2005 11:58 AM
yea, that was the other thing...

I hopw its the compressor though

Friday, February 18, 2005 12:57 PM
I read the haynes manual on how to change it and it says you need to loosen the motor mount and raise the engine up. I am hoping this is something I can change on the floor of my garage. This is for my girlfriends car and we just moved to Virginia but all my tools I left in Michigan until I get a place of my own.

-Scott and Jen-
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search