I'm really beginning to hate my car... - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I'm really beginning to hate my car...
Monday, February 14, 2005 3:34 PM
Hey guys, as you knowi recently got my sunfire running again, after having to splice in a new wiring harness conector, well i went to school this morning, everything was fine, i went to leave school for work at 11am, and my car wont start, check engine light not on, so i go check all my connectors (they've come loose before) and i go try it again, still nothing. So i got it towed home, gonna check all my power and ground wires, oh and i already checked my fuses. all good

if any one has any tips, hints, cheats, lemme know...lol

96 Sunfire, 2.4L Twin Cam 5 Spd, estimated 180hp

Re: I'm really beginning to hate my car...
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 7:59 AM
have you ever changed your crank sensor?????? I had the same problem and that is all it was .
crank sensor....AC Delco part # 213-36 can't remember GM's # but only $12.00 CAD
Reason it is so cheap is that GM revamped the sensor and use it on all 4 and 6 cyl engines. If you go to a dealership remind them that there is a NEW part # ....if they order you the old part # , it is $65.00 CAD

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence you tried!
Re: I'm really beginning to hate my car...
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 4:31 PM
problem was a broken wire. the orange wire (wire number 3 in the blakc connector) was broken, so i respliced it, and it runs now. It must have been cracked when the harness got screwed up, and i didnt see it

96 Sunfire, 2.4L Twin Cam 5 Spd, estimated 180hp
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search