Power Window Problem - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Power Window Problem
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 9:41 AM
My drivers side window only rolls up Like a centimeter at a time and then you have to wait a couple of minutes for it to roll up another centimeter. Do I need a new motor or is this something else?? Oh and how much does it cost?

Re: Power Window Problem
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 11:02 AM
I don't know how much it costs but with cavaliers in the years of96-99 there seems to be window motor problems, especially in the passengers side, but it happens in the drivers side too. Check with an auto zone or advanced auto store around you for price and availability
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 12:03 PM
I had to replace 3 of the 4 Power window motors in my '97 cavalier, the windows would stick periodically.
Thursday, February 17, 2005 9:52 AM
I have a 2002 Cavalier and just about a month ago I had the same problem. I bought a new power buttons asssembly and that didn't help. I ended up replacing the motor and it works great now. It will eventually stop working all together and you will be stuck somewhere with your window down. I bought mine from the dealer, but I know someone who works in Parts Dept. and it cost me $95 dollars. If I where to guess about $150-$175 from the dealer, But try an auto parts store first.
Thursday, February 17, 2005 3:51 PM
hey dude are cars look alike i have a 96 the same color same kit 18'' konig's with lambo doors hit me up xz24cavalierx@aol.com
my car: members.cardomain.com/xz24cavalierx

also my pass. window goes up about half way it looks like the motor since ive read the posts in here i totaled m ycar so its a junkyard door i just put new motors in before the wreck so i have a new motor to put in.. also last time i had to drill holes in the door .. is this normal or is there a easier way to take out the motors let me know thanx
Brandon

Friday, February 18, 2005 5:08 AM
our cars do look alike. Good choices for color and rims, but I have new 18's on mine now. I haven't posted pics yet but I will try and post some tonight. Oh and thanks for all the info guys. I thought that I would have to replace the motors. Are they hard to install???

Friday, February 18, 2005 5:10 AM
yep its a power window issue... i got me a motor from advance auto parts for 45 bucks... with lifte time warentee..... and this motor was brand new not reman. funny thing is my drivers side motor now is faster than my passenger side... lol....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search