AIRBAG SENSORS - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AIRBAG SENSORS
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 5:46 PM
My wife has a 2000 pontiac sunfire, and she hit a GIANT DOG!! Both of the Airbags deployed and i am trying to replace them. I know there is a sensor next to the hood latch (which does not seem to have been activited because there is no damage what so ever around the area) and then i've read there is a second sensor in front of the passenger side airbag but have had no such luck finding one, can someone help me please. Also where exactly is the module located?
Thank you,
Daniel

Re: AIRBAG SENSORS
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 5:49 PM
lol your first sentence is hilarious.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 5:51 PM
There is only one air bag sensor and that is by the hood latch as you have found. The module is under the passenger side seat. You have to pull the seat out and lift up the carpet and you will see it.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 5:56 PM
The only Discriminating Sensor is in the front bumper. The airbag module itself has a sensor inside of it. The module is located under the carpet of the passenger seat. If you are changing the airbags you of course have to change the module anyhow. There is no sensor in front of the passenger air bag.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search