Whooopm noise - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Whooopm noise
Thursday, February 17, 2005 1:58 PM
Odd topic name, i know, and my should have been placed in wheel, tire section, but it might be maintance too.

For the winter in using stock 15" rims with Continental EcoContact 3 tires. Which i absolutly love. Excellent wet/dry traction. But recently im getting a whoomp whooopm noise every time i make turn at over 30 mph. I still have a good amount of treads, no abonormal wear marks, And proper tire pressure. Any ideas as to whats going on?

Fact 1:

This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence
structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme.These elements are natural
to my process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Fact 2:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.

Re: Whooopm noise
Thursday, February 17, 2005 8:35 PM
???

Fact 1:

This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence
structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme.These elements are natural
to my process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Fact 2:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Re: Whooopm noise
Friday, February 18, 2005 7:04 PM
Try rotating them. If the sound doesn't change, then you know it's NOT the tires. Sometimes tires can get damaged internally, without any obvious visible signs, but may produce odd sounds like you are experiencing.
I'm suprised my tires are still intact with all of the craters opening up on our roads around here lately! My brother actually bent the flange on one of his 16" factory aluminums from a large pot hole at highway speed. Nice little flat spot about 3" long. Amazing thing though - the tire survived, and it still drives fine! I guess there's something to be said about the durability of the factory Eagle RS-As.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/2002sunfiresl/Modified%20sunfire2.jpg
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search