Many Problems.............Help - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Many Problems.............Help
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 5:22 AM
Have a 2.2 that will melt a catalytic converter in as little as two to three weeks. Put a direct fit on it and it seemed to work fine for a while. I have had the new direct fit since October and now the C. e. l. is on again reading low catalyst efficiency P0420 (bank 1). Now keep in mind at one time I got another code about the o2 sensor in the header so I changed it. Never changed the one after the cat. did all this after doing the direct fit. Got another C.E.L. and it was the cat again and the car was running rich. grrrrrrrrrrr. I don't know what to do. I also got a throttle position sensor code but that was once. I'm also having that stalling issue that was a post on here a few days ago which has lead me to change the tps. oh and to top it off, i am getting a code for the Crankshaft position sensor P0336. Can anyone tell my anything about the stalling, the running rich, all these sensors goin to hell and these cats I'm burning up? hahaha Matter of fact can someone come torch my car for me? lol 156.000 on it.

Catalytic converter help....
Thursday, February 17, 2005 9:34 PM
Have a 2.2 that will melt a catalytic converter in as little as two to three weeks. Put a direct fit on it and it seemed to work fine for a while. I have had the new direct fit since October and now the C. e. l. is on again reading low catalyst efficiency P0420 (bank 1). Now keep in mind at one time I got another code about the o2 sensor in the header so I changed it. Never changed the one after the cat. did all this after doing the direct fit. Got another C.E.L. and it was the cat again and the car was running rich. grrrrrrrrrrr. I don't know what to do. I also got a throttle position sensor code but that was once. I'm also having that stalling issue that was a post on here a few days ago which has lead me to change the tps. oh and to top it off, i am getting a code for the Crankshaft position sensor P0336. Can anyone tell my anything about the stalling, the running rich, all these sensors goin to hell and these cats I'm burning up? hahaha Matter of fact can someone come torch my car for me? lol 156.000 on it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search