turned right and now annoying squeel - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
turned right and now annoying squeel
Saturday, February 19, 2005 12:12 PM
i was hungry this morning and decided to make a trip to walmart. as i turned right into the parking lot my car started making this annoying squeeling sound. i'm pretty sure that it is coming from the driver's side front wheel. it definitely is somehow related to the wheel or axle because it only makes noise when the wheel is moving forward. the sound is louder when i let off the gas and allow the car to coast or i am going less that 15mph. the sound seems to go away when i accelerate or go over 30mph, either that or the sound of my exhaust covers it up. the noise almost sounds like a rusty gate when you open or close it, hopefully someone knows what i mean. i recently had the transmission replaced, which was in the beginning of january, i don't know if that would be related or not. my car is a 97 2.2 with the 3 speed auto tranny. hopefully someone can shed some light on my problem. any help is greatly appreciated

Re: turned right and now annoying squeel
Saturday, February 19, 2005 1:08 PM
Did you check your powersteering fluid yet? I would do that first as I had a similar problem a few years back.

"I count him braver who overcomes his
desires than him who conquers his enemies.
For the hardest victory is the victory over self."
- Aristotle

Re: turned right and now annoying squeel
Saturday, February 19, 2005 1:12 PM
brakes maybe? my brakes @!#$ squeel like crazy when the pads get too low.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search